Provides document processing support for the DCMWC. The Division of Coal Mine Workers' Compensation, or Federal Black Lung Program, administers claims filed under the Black Lung Benefits Act. The Act provides compensation to coal miners who are totally disabled by pneumoconiosis arising out of coal mine employment, and to survivors of coal miners whose deaths are attributable to the disease. The Act also provides eligible miners with medical coverage for the treatment of lung diseases related to pneumoconiosis.
The Document Processing Technician (DOCPRO) is responsible for indexing image data input in accordance with established procedures and processes. Assuring the indexing production work is completed as scheduled.
• Analyzes all data imaging/indexing assignments, determines priorities, and establishes production schedules.
• Assists in developing and implementing data indexing procedures as required.
• Performs the more complex assignments requiring selection, indexing, coding, and interpretation of data.
• Accurately indexes data using a variety of sources.
• Reviews and inspects work to assure compliance with job instructions, layouts, and other procedural instructions.
• Ensures quality control of completed jobs.
• Advises supervisor of scheduling, production and equipment problems.
• Notifies supervisor of problems requiring servicing vendor attention.
• Performs record keeping of work performed.
• Interacts with computer operators and customers regarding job set up, work performed, and job status to achieve desired results.
• Other assigned duties.
Physical Demands: This job requires the ability to operate a computer keyboard, distinguish colors on a color monitor, lifting up to 25 pounds, use the telephone, speak, write and read at High School level in English and work as a cooperative team member with coworkers, supervisors and customers.
Wages: $16.42 per hour & full benefit pkg
EIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/V/Disabled.